Thursday, December 31, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
orderves of pigs in a blanket, pickels, potato skins, and ice cream; It's A Wonderful Life in black and white; hot cocoa by the Christmas tree; and candlelight Christmas service at COG
I LOVE CHRISTMAS TIME!!!
Friday, December 11, 2009
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain- amazing book for the whole family! I would only recommend reading Tom Sawyer first since it introduces the characters
- Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain- awesome book about being a kid
- Little Britches and other books by Ralph Moody- my dad has been reading this series out loud to our family for a year now and I love them! My favorite is Little Britches, the first one. The rest are really good too, but I love the first two the best.
- Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder- the best stories... love Laura!
Books Recommended for Ladies~
- A Promise for Ellie by Lauraine Snelling- awesome book for young ladies as is the third in the series-
- Grace Above All by Lauraine Snelling- my favorite story! About a girl who's deaf but overcomes it
- Rules of the Road by Joan Bauer- unique story about a girl who spends the summer driving the president of a shoe company to Texas to save the day!
- Hope was Here by Joan Bauer- a young lady and her aunt are working in a classic diner and helping a man with cancer... awesome awesome awesome!!! My favorite by Joan Bauer
Books for People 13 and Up~
(Please note that these aren't inappropriate, just more advanced in the way they're written)
- The Big Burn by Jeannette Ingold- I LOVE THIS BOOK! about the great fire that consumed the west, told from a pioneer lady, a ranger, and a railroad worker.
- Stand Tall by Joan Bauer- about a 6'5" 7th grade boy and his plans to reconfigure his life after his parents divorce. Floods, friends, and an awesome grandpa make this book so cool.
- Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff- about a young girl in the foster care system and her adotion- fiction, and funny
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie- my favorite book by Agatha Christie, so funny! I love detective novels, and this one just sucked me right in!\
- Hitch by Jeannette Ingold- a young boy joins the CCC...and loves it.
- The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini- includes Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and the last book whose name has not yet been revealed! my favorite of all favorite series to read over and over
I hope that you enjoy looking into these books!
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
- for the leaders of the Taliban: that there would be, somehow and someway, a Christian there to help them see the light and freedom offered by Christ
- for those who are oppressed and restricted from gathering legally for church or Bible study
- for the 88 unreached people groups, that they too would see the saving, redeeming light of Christ and put their faith in Him
- for the 1/100 of 1 percent of the population that are Christians, saved by grace. Pray for boldness and peace in times of trial, and growth spiritually. For their numbers to multiply daily, and more to be freed for bondage and brought to freedom in Christ.
- for those who are being held because of their faith in Afghanistan
Kaye Ann Silver
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
When I got to the basement, I couldn't see a thing. There was no light on, and I was stumbling around, just knowing that I could find my way by myself.
I heard a giggle, and looked towards the sound, seeing just darkness. I heard it again. L was laughing!
I felt around blindly, "What?"
She laughed and said, "Well, I can see just fine, so it is weird to see you stumbling around the room."
"Ha-ha." I smiled, still unable to see a thing. "Could you please turn on the light?" Then L turned on the light, I saw my bed and flopped onto it.
I was thinking on this, and I started to think that the world is walking in darkness, like I was, stumbling around helplessly trying to find their way on their own.
I was like that. I had heard the message of salvation countless times and just kind of brushed it off. If the Holy Spirit hadn't opened my eyes to the Light, I would still be there, wandering around blindly, trying to fine my way on my own. But now I can walk with confidence and the ability to see, knowing that Christ has saved me from the darkness.
When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Kaye Ann Silver
Saturday, November 14, 2009
I thank God for the many blessings that He has given me, such as a camera to take pictures with. I don't set up the nature shots, God puts them there and I just take a picture of it.
Thanks to my Mamo and Papa for taking us to Arkansas. It was incredible.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
- Be Good- don't hit, scream, or pinch
- Be Kind- be nice to your sisters and everyone else
- Be Gentle- be sweet and don't throw stuff that shouldn't be thrown
- Be Good- do all my school, make bed, etc.
- Be Kind- think nicely about people 'cause God can hear every thought "take every thought captive"
- Be Gentle- when you really just want to throw your sibling in the trash bin, breathe and realize that God has a reason for everything. It could just be a test of patience.
be good, be kind, be gentle
"Look at the nations and watch- and be utterly amazed. For I am doing something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."
I think that this verse applies to now. We look up at God and ask why all the suffering and the hurt and hardship? Why? God wants to get our attention. He wants us to know that even in the hardship and pain, He is moving and working. God is constantly bringing people to Him. His timing is never wrong. There are no Ifs with God. He knows what's going to happen. So I choose to trust Him, cause I sure don't know what tomorrow holds, but He does.
I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty cool.
70. chickadees 71. watching my siblings play cars 72. chicken for dinner 73. God's great love 74. fingers that work 75. Grandma and Grandpa E. 76. my mom picking me up after class 77. Bonnie B. 78. long talks with Mamo on the porch after a fun day on the lake 79. my room in the basement 80. my mattress 81. the abundance of quilts that are on my bed 82. smiles from people I pass when I am having a bad day 83. the ever-present sound of music in our house... it is too quiet without it! 84. the imagination that God blessed me with to write stories 85. chocolate covered graham crackers... yummo! 86. Christmas 87. Thanksgiving Dinner 88. Easter... Resurrection Day!!! 89. church services that challenge you 90. watching God move through our church 91. that old bench in our living room that holds our outerwear... 92. when the boy sleeps for a long time at nap, and wakes up happier :-) 93. warm Sunday walks around the pond 94. the New Years Day walk through the woods with B, T, and J 95. new mittens 96. the huge Christmas tree at Papa and Mamo's cabin 97. Granny and Grandpa's Christmas feast! YUMMO!! 98. my mom's anniversary bird... if you don't know what I'm talking about, my mom bought this sweet little carved bird with long, metal legs for her and my dad's 17th Wedding Anniversary present. 99. Sam T, our church's contemporary music leader 100! Philly missions trip.... awesome... I am so excited!!!! I reached 100!! More posts later on... Blessings! Kaye
Monday, November 2, 2009
1000 Blessings 1. Jesus Christ saving me by dying on the cross for my sin and rising again on the third day 2. The Bible 3. Mom 4. Dad 5. my sisters, L and M
6. my brother, R 7. my warm house 8. a bed to sleep on 9. living in the United States where I am free to worship my God and have many freedoms that my brothers and sisters throughout the world don’t 10. my grandparents: Granny and Grandpa, Mamo and Papa
11. my cousins: Kylie, Isaac, Jayden, and Tanner 12. my aunts and uncles: Shannon and Derek, Noelle and Doug 13. Betsy, Tim, and Josie 14. Jon, Lisa, Kelsey, and Nick 15. Hannah L 16. Hannah S 17. Becca T 18. Cross of Glory 19. the fall colors on a cool day 20. books by Joan Bauer to make me laugh 21. the food I am blessed with every day 22. cell phone 23. a computer that works 24. homemade apple crisp
25. hot chocolate 26. the kitchen table- where I don’t have to eat on the floor 27. being home schooled 28. the birds that sing outside our windows even on mornings where it is cold and rainy 29. Jesus Christ coming to the world 30. the locks on our front doors 31. talking to our mailman, Steve 32. watching my siblings romp in the leaves on a gorgeous day 33. my brother in his blue hat with the pom-pom on top 34. books that teach me about those in the past 35. frozen Milky Way Midnights 36. Christmas Eve with my family 37. It’s a Wonderful Life 38. dancing in the living room with my family 39. our dog Kira in her orange bandana 40. doctors and nurses who are ready to help us when we are sick 41. camping out in the woods with my dad 42. going to coffee shops and bookstores with my mom 43. staying up late reading and discussing deep topics with Lily 44. Pastor Justin 45. Pastor Jon 46. being bilingual- English and Spanish 47. driving Papa’s F-250 on the back roads 48. listening to R sing “Jesus Loves Me” at the top of his lungs while wearing L's cowboy hat 49. watching my two talented sisters perform dances in church 50. seeing God move in my friend’s lives on a mission trip to Philadelphia 51. to see history in the making all the time 52. M doing stand-up comedy in our kitchen 53. hangers to hang my clothes on 54. a rake to clean up my yard 55. R sitting at the table, and when asked his name proclaiming for the first time 56. bookshelves to hold my favorite treasures 57. a mini van that fits our whole family 58. sisters to be my best friends for life 59. a printer to make my thoughts come to life 60. warm winter clothes 61. that my family loves me no matter what 62. pens to do my school with 63. fuzzy socks on cold days 64. car road-mats to entertain my siblings with 65. a chair to sit on 66. school 67. a fireplace in the basement 68. hayrides with the youth group 69. s’mores
I will be posting more as they come to me...
Blessings in Christ!
Friday, October 30, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009