Monday, December 7, 2009

Pray for the Persecuted

I just finished reading this book by dcTalk and it is simply amazing.
It has hundreds of true stories about people who gave it all for Christ.
At the end of the book, there was an index of the different countries that are restricted to Christians (Bibles not legal, churches against the law, etc.) I was astonished at the number of countries listed. There are 47 nations listed as either hostile or restricted nations against Christianity. Under the name of each country is a brief history and a prayer request. Pray for the Persecuted is a little thing I am going to start here on my blog. Every other week, I'll post a blog on Monday for acountry to pray for. Lord, I am amazed at all that you have blessed me with. Not just the material things, but the freedoms I have in this country that I often take for granted. Thank you that I am able to go to church on Sunday and Wednesday without fearing police or mobs. Thank you that we as Christians are able to study your Word. Thank you for my overabundance of Bibles that I have. Forgive me for the times when I haven't wanted to read your word. When those times come, help me to remember that I have brothers and sisters around the world who aren't allowed to own a Bible. Thank you for your many blessings and protections. Be with those who are hurting today, and bring them the peace that you give to those who ask. Love you. In Jesus' Name, Amen Kaye