Friday, December 11, 2009

Advent Shadows

This picture is one of my favorites. This tree and candle sit on our kitchen table, and my mom suggested that I take a picture of it. Quiet and serene and peaceful and sweet... kind of like my life: quiet...serene...truck noises...peaceful...calls echoing around the house...christmas music... yummy christmas treats...sweet... ~~~ I so want to sound eloquent, like Ann at Holy Experience is so eloquent and just right. Like one of my best friends, S, over at Grace Cottage. But as much as I try... I have difficulty. Like Moses said to God, in Exodus 4:10-11 "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue." I love God's response. The Lord said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the Lord?" So, as I have nothing else I can think of to talk about, I will now post this and go help make meatballs. Kaye