- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain- amazing book for the whole family! I would only recommend reading Tom Sawyer first since it introduces the characters
- Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain- awesome book about being a kid
- Little Britches and other books by Ralph Moody- my dad has been reading this series out loud to our family for a year now and I love them! My favorite is Little Britches, the first one. The rest are really good too, but I love the first two the best.
- Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder- the best stories... love Laura!
Books Recommended for Ladies~
- A Promise for Ellie by Lauraine Snelling- awesome book for young ladies as is the third in the series-
- Grace Above All by Lauraine Snelling- my favorite story! About a girl who's deaf but overcomes it
- Rules of the Road by Joan Bauer- unique story about a girl who spends the summer driving the president of a shoe company to Texas to save the day!
- Hope was Here by Joan Bauer- a young lady and her aunt are working in a classic diner and helping a man with cancer... awesome awesome awesome!!! My favorite by Joan Bauer
Books for People 13 and Up~
(Please note that these aren't inappropriate, just more advanced in the way they're written)
- The Big Burn by Jeannette Ingold- I LOVE THIS BOOK! about the great fire that consumed the west, told from a pioneer lady, a ranger, and a railroad worker.
- Stand Tall by Joan Bauer- about a 6'5" 7th grade boy and his plans to reconfigure his life after his parents divorce. Floods, friends, and an awesome grandpa make this book so cool.
- Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff- about a young girl in the foster care system and her adotion- fiction, and funny
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie- my favorite book by Agatha Christie, so funny! I love detective novels, and this one just sucked me right in!\
- Hitch by Jeannette Ingold- a young boy joins the CCC...and loves it.
- The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini- includes Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and the last book whose name has not yet been revealed! my favorite of all favorite series to read over and over
I hope that you enjoy looking into these books!