ALGERIA: status: restricted nation"For more than 30 years a one-party socialist regime backed by a strong army has ruled Algeria. 'Free' elections in 1999 didn't change the country's leadership, but many have opened the door for peace between Islamic rebels and the government. In recent years, Algerian Christians have suffered the reign of violence from the Islamic Salvation Front. Members of this Muslim rebel group have been known to march threw towns and slit the throats of anyone who has not lived up their call to the Islamic fundamentalism. Two-thirds of Algerians are so young that they have known nothing but the confusion offered by a socialist system. Algeria now has very few Christians (0.4 percent) and the church is suffering discouragement... some believers are withdrawing from the fellowship due to intimidation from family, friends, and Muslim extremists. Prayer Request: Pray that Algerian believers will find opportunities to share their faith and will lead many to Christ." ~ from Jesus Freaks: Martyrs: Stories of those who stood for Jesus by dc Talk Thank you for your prayers for the persecuted church! K. A. Silver
Saturday, February 27, 2010
A new year just started for me a few days ago as I turned that age that everyone waits for, and I am loving every minute of it!
Thank you to all of you who sent me emails and cards on my birthday and for all the blessings you gave me on my special day!
So as I start off this new year, I have many new blessings...
181. tooter horns and bright green hats singing happy birthday all day long
182. My mom and the way she knows me...
183. mom's homemade chocolate cupcakes! YUMMO! 184. phone calls from friends wishing happy tidings185. B, T, and J singing to me outside the window! That was so cool!
186. posters hanging up around the kitchen with drawings from my siblings on them..
187. balloons bouncing around the house188. alfredo noodles with chicken and gooey garlic bread! I think my dad and I ate a whole loaf between us two!
189. The Girlhood Home Companion Magazine... very cool!190. flowers and a card from my daddy... 191. winning the drawing for a free NW college sweatshirt! It is very warm! 192. building legos with my sisters in the basement... 193. The BBC Emma movie! Thank you L, M, and R! 194. Daddy watching the Emma movie with us... he lasted for about an hour of the 4 195. Uncle Jon stopping in just to give me a birthday hug 196. the Lord's guidance through new situations 197. Psalm 139 198. my parents' wisdom 199. my mom's "ice dancing prophecies" tee hee hee! she makes me laugh! 200! God's constant patience with my constant questions May the Lord bless your day! Kaye PS- please continue to pray for Haiti as they recover from the earthquake. Also, please pray for the people of Chile, as I just heard that a 8.8 earthquake hit there today.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Warm flowers on the table, reminding me that spring is coming I start to think about the coming years, pseo, laptops, trout lake, early college expos and lost plan tests, I lose focus and start to worry and doubt. But the Lord is so good and constantly brings me back and says, "Hey, I'm right here with you. I've got it all figured out. No need to worry." Just like the flowers on the table remind me that spring is coming, the Lord and His word reminds me that it'll all work out for good and reminds me of how blessed I am. How good my life is and how good the Lord is through it all, and I am amazed yet again. God has given me two huge blessings: 1) three siblings that keep me excited about the little things in life 2) strong christian parents who direct me to the Lord Have a blessed Valentine's day! Kaye Clap your hands, all you nations. Shout to God with cries of joy! How awesome is the Lord most high; Great King over all the earth! Psalm 42:1-2