Monday, January 16, 2012
that I just had to share with you all because I love to read what others write :)
- What I Said… What I Really Meant… : Don’t we all do this? Say “I’m fine” but really mean “I am so not fine”? A good eye opener…
- The First Three: meet the newest members to our family?
- For When We Question His Purpose : ah, yes… this is good!
- Miracles that Never Cease : a book I can’t wait to read… :)
- Real Hope for Haiti : love this story… wow… reminds me of my dad, that love for Haiti
- APTAT : as my dear friend said, “I claim this!” Admit, Pray, Trust, Act, Thank- John Piper talks about this great tool! “Can’t do it!” Perfect! What I needed to hear this week!
- Another Reason to Share the Gospel : a verse to encourage by my friend over at Lillies Valley
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
I have started another blog :)
And I thought I could do something like that too- just because I need to remember and count and see and know that God is there in each of my moments- every single day.
here it is!
Daily Grace- a simple place where I count blessings, take photos, and just do a few words a day.
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
(so much for school today :) Ah, to be homeschooled…)
45,000 college students praising the King of Kings with Matt Redman, John Piper, David Crowder, Beth Moore, Francis Chan…
The students show up at the Georgia dome not knowing who will be there playing or preaching that day, just knowing that God will be there.
Click above to watch session 5 live right now (10:45 EST)!
Session 6 airs at 1, and session 7 at 7 pm, EST.
You can watch the previous sessions through tonight online as well!
Can I say that again? :)
Sunday, January 1, 2012
While browsing my favorite blogs yesterday, I came upon this list of questions as posted by Sarah at Ampersand Photography.
I don’t do new years resolutions, but I do like the idea of reflecting on the year behind and on the year ahead and found these to be really helpful and encouraging.
Enjoy! And Happy 2012!
Ten Questions to Ask at the Start of a New Year
- What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
- What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
- What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
- In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
- What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
- What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
- For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
- What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
- What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
- What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
In addition to these ten questions, here are twenty-one more to help you “Consider your ways.” Think on the entire list at one sitting, or answer one question each day for a month.
- What’s the most important decision you need to make this year?
- What area of your life most needs simplifying, and what’s one way you could simplify in that area?
- What’s the most important need you feel burdened to meet this year?
- What habit would you most like to establish this year?
- Who do you most want to encourage this year?
- What is your most important financial goal this year, and what is the most important step you can take toward achieving it?
- What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your work life this year?
- What’s one new way you could be a blessing to your pastor (or to another who ministers to you) this year?
- What’s one thing you could do this year to enrich the spiritual legacy you will leave to your children and grandchildren?
- What book, in addition to the Bible, do you most want to read this year?
- What one thing do you most regret about last year, and what will you do about it this year?
- What single blessing from God do you want to seek most earnestly this year?
- In what area of your life do you most need growth, and what will you do about it this year?
- What’s the most important trip you want to take this year?
- What skill do you most want to learn or improve this year?
- To what need or ministry will you try to give an unprecedented amount this year?
- What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your commute this year?
- What one biblical doctrine do you most want to understand better this year, and what will you do about it?
- If those who know you best gave you one piece of advice, what would they say? Would they be right? What will you do about it?
- What’s the most important new item you want to buy this year?
- In what area of your life do you most need change, and what will you do about it this year?
Written by Donald S. Whitney