Thursday, December 31, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
orderves of pigs in a blanket, pickels, potato skins, and ice cream; It's A Wonderful Life in black and white; hot cocoa by the Christmas tree; and candlelight Christmas service at COG
I LOVE CHRISTMAS TIME!!!
Friday, December 11, 2009
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain- amazing book for the whole family! I would only recommend reading Tom Sawyer first since it introduces the characters
- Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain- awesome book about being a kid
- Little Britches and other books by Ralph Moody- my dad has been reading this series out loud to our family for a year now and I love them! My favorite is Little Britches, the first one. The rest are really good too, but I love the first two the best.
- Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder- the best stories... love Laura!
Books Recommended for Ladies~
- A Promise for Ellie by Lauraine Snelling- awesome book for young ladies as is the third in the series-
- Grace Above All by Lauraine Snelling- my favorite story! About a girl who's deaf but overcomes it
- Rules of the Road by Joan Bauer- unique story about a girl who spends the summer driving the president of a shoe company to Texas to save the day!
- Hope was Here by Joan Bauer- a young lady and her aunt are working in a classic diner and helping a man with cancer... awesome awesome awesome!!! My favorite by Joan Bauer
Books for People 13 and Up~
(Please note that these aren't inappropriate, just more advanced in the way they're written)
- The Big Burn by Jeannette Ingold- I LOVE THIS BOOK! about the great fire that consumed the west, told from a pioneer lady, a ranger, and a railroad worker.
- Stand Tall by Joan Bauer- about a 6'5" 7th grade boy and his plans to reconfigure his life after his parents divorce. Floods, friends, and an awesome grandpa make this book so cool.
- Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff- about a young girl in the foster care system and her adotion- fiction, and funny
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie- my favorite book by Agatha Christie, so funny! I love detective novels, and this one just sucked me right in!\
- Hitch by Jeannette Ingold- a young boy joins the CCC...and loves it.
- The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini- includes Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and the last book whose name has not yet been revealed! my favorite of all favorite series to read over and over
I hope that you enjoy looking into these books!
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
- for the leaders of the Taliban: that there would be, somehow and someway, a Christian there to help them see the light and freedom offered by Christ
- for those who are oppressed and restricted from gathering legally for church or Bible study
- for the 88 unreached people groups, that they too would see the saving, redeeming light of Christ and put their faith in Him
- for the 1/100 of 1 percent of the population that are Christians, saved by grace. Pray for boldness and peace in times of trial, and growth spiritually. For their numbers to multiply daily, and more to be freed for bondage and brought to freedom in Christ.
- for those who are being held because of their faith in Afghanistan
Kaye Ann Silver