Friday, November 27, 2009

Walking In The Light

One night, there were clouds that prevented the light from entering the room me and my sister share in the basement of our house. L had gone up to get water and came back down stairs, then I too went up and got water, then came back down to the basement.

When I got to the basement, I couldn't see a thing. There was no light on, and I was stumbling around, just knowing that I could find my way by myself.

I heard a giggle, and looked towards the sound, seeing just darkness. I heard it again. L was laughing!

I felt around blindly, "What?"

She laughed and said, "Well, I can see just fine, so it is weird to see you stumbling around the room."

"Ha-ha." I smiled, still unable to see a thing. "Could you please turn on the light?" Then L turned on the light, I saw my bed and flopped onto it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was thinking on this, and I started to think that the world is walking in darkness, like I was, stumbling around helplessly trying to find their way on their own.

I was like that. I had heard the message of salvation countless times and just kind of brushed it off. If the Holy Spirit hadn't opened my eyes to the Light, I would still be there, wandering around blindly, trying to fine my way on my own. But now I can walk with confidence and the ability to see, knowing that Christ has saved me from the darkness.

When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12
Lord, as we enter the Christmas season when we celebrate your son Jesus' birth, I ask that you would give me the right words and times in which to convey the message of light that you are giving to the world. You are the Light, Lord, and help me to seek You first above all else this season.
In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Kaye Ann Silver