Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thanksgiving~

As thanksgiving approaches, I couldn't help but look up this Norman Rockwell painting. It makes me smile. This is sort of how our thanksgiving dinner looks (at least, there are that many people all gathered around). I was thinking to myself and I thought of this: The pilgrims, that first thanksgiving, were thanking GOD for their bountiful food and friendship. I don't know why, but for some reason that struck me like a 2-by-4 between the eyes. This Thanksgiving, I want to thank GOD, not anything else, for the great year that we had that was only made possible through Him. Thanks, Lord, for always keeping us in your care and loving us no matter how many times we fail you. Thank you for the family you have blessed me with. For my cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents. And I thank you also for the friends who are my family too. Thank you for blessing us with a house to stay in, a furnace that works, and the food on our table that we take for granted so often. I pray for those who are without these things this Thanksgiving. Let them know You care about them and have a reason for everything, that You have a plan. Help me in some way to reach out to those who are needy this Thanksgiving. Thank you Lord for Your great plan. In Jesus' Name, Amen. Kaye