Saturday, November 6, 2010

Orphan Sunday- “We Love Because…”

This Sunday is one spent in remembering and praying for those who are fatherless in the world today.

2010_OS_WebButton

After the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit this spring, my family’s adoption journey, and so many countless other experiences in seeing God at work in the lives of orphans…

I continue to remember them and thank the Lord for the lives that he has already touched and moved towards adoption or foster care.

And I pray that the Lord would reach out and touch those who know that they are meant to be a part of care for orphans whether through foster care or adoption.

I can remember sitting in the back seat of our old mini van on Christmas Eve on the way back from church. The WOW Christmas CD playing loudly when it came to the song by TobyMac, about how the boy from the orphanage spent Christmas with a family, and they end up adopting him, and my eyes started to water.

Then later on when Third Day’s song started playing on the radio with the line on children around the world without a home… I teared up again.

And when I went to the Steven Curtis Chapman concert and he played the song “When Love Takes You In” and afterwards when I watched the music video again… that’s when I knew that some how some way my family was going to be a part of adoption and care for an orphan.

And you know what?

We were used by God, and now I have a little brother.

I wanted to share this video with you, but copying it was disabled. So to see the video “When Love Takes You In” by Steven Curtis Chapman, click here. 

Here’s a video that was played at the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit VI, because really, when it all comes down and we step back-

It’s all about Him being glorified through us in everything.

We Love Because from Christian Alliance for Orphans on Vimeo.

“We Love because He first loved US.”

1 John 4:19

(kaye ann silver)

No comments: