Monday, November 15, 2010

Click

I wander out during sunset eager to see what there is to be seen.

Rotini simmers on the stove and I glance brief at the camera before scooping it up. It sits easy around my neck now, and I am used to the added weight of lenses on my shoulders.

Favorite brown shoes sit begging to be worn by the back step, and my feet slip in obligingly.

I tromp out through the door into dusk. Without hesitation, I slide and slip and smoosh through the snow. My brown shoes shiver and I remember the no-grip soles that carry me.

Smiling as I slide, I can imagine Dad watching me in his big boots meant for the northern snows, and his smile and shaking head at my sissy city shoes.

I keep walking out to where the sisters played earlier, where Kira’s tennis ball lays hidden, and the slow swaying swings.

and I click pictures fast, for the battery light warns of the end coming soon.

I sink into snow up to my ankles and my feet shiver, but my face smiles.

Winter has come to us, if only for a few days, and I try to capture it.

DSC08482

DSC08486

DSC08208

DSC08488

 

(kaye ann silver)

 

PS-

Here’s what we’re having for dinner tonight…

Maybe you’d like it?

DSC08481

No comments: