Saturday, May 1, 2010

Christian Alliance for Orphans

This week me and my mom were blessed to be able to go to the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit VI in Minneapolis.
What an amazing couple of days!

Thursday night, Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife, Mary Beth, spoke about their story of adoption and life, then Steven led a worship service that had us all in tears. We met so many fun people who get adoption and our crazy family!

Last night, Pastor John Piper spoke an amazing message to us all, calling us to live our lives by faith. It was another one of those that had you in tears at the end. I loved watching him preach. He is so excited by the gospel, and it is so good to see!

Something I learned:
Did you know:
There are 143,000,000 orphans in the world.
Many of them are looking for adoption and a forever family.
Others need our prayers and support more than anything.

There was a family there that my mom and I met that are trying to adopt three kids out of Russia. They had two kids of their own and have since adopted 7 kids- 6 from Russia and 1 right here in the US. They are asking for prayer that their adoption papers would go through so that they can get this one girl who is 15 out of Russia before she is 16. Why? Because in Russian orphanages, when you turn 16, they literally take you and dump you in the big city, where it is virtually impossible to get out of the country from.

Please pray for them.

One of the things that I love about Steven Curtis Chapman is his music videos. He showed this one at the conference and made us all cry. This video was the one that stirred my parents to look into adopting and I know has encouraged so many others too.  Every time I see this video I think of my brother, my sister's best friend who's adopted from Korea, and my best friend who's adopted from Russia. Makes me cry!

To see the amazing Steven Curtis Chapman video about adoption that will make you cry- guaranteed-  click here.

God Bless!
Kaye Ann

No comments: