Monday, May 24, 2010

Blessings in the Heat...

I woke up this morning to the thumping of a happy tail on my bed, a boy whispering good morning, and sunlight in the window. Sauntering upstairs, I stop shocked as I hear M say, "Yeah... it's already 80 degrees."

What?
In the kitchen Mom confirms the report- 92 for a high that will feel like 100.
It's May 24th. I'm not ready for this heat yet.
A few hours later, I glance at the clock on the wall.
11:54
I look out the window at the thermometer still tucked away in the shade, and gasp.
90 degrees.
In the shade.
At noon.
I shake my head.
Crazy weather.

But there are blessings to be found in the heat of... May? :)

324. waking up at 9 this morning after a great weekend at TLC
325. playing in the pool at 10...

326. A cardinal on the electrical line
327. a great weekend with Hannah L.
328. all the new MATs up at camp and their enthusiasm and excitement
329. Mr. Rock's funny stories about working at camp
330. coming home tired
331. dozing in the car
332. my dad (and the van) being all right  :)
333. the smell of the cabin
334. notes from Mamo
335. eating dinner in the boathouse
336. the sound of a redwing blackbird
337. the heat...
338. Sarah, Plain and Tall books

Kaye

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed , a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
Psalm 9:9-10

No comments: