In the kitchen Mom confirms the report- 92 for a high that will feel like 100.
It's May 24th. I'm not ready for this heat yet.
A few hours later, I glance at the clock on the wall.
I look out the window at the thermometer still tucked away in the shade, and gasp.
In the shade.
I shake my head.
But there are blessings to be found in the heat of... May? :)
324. waking up at 9 this morning after a great weekend at TLC
325. playing in the pool at 10...
326. A cardinal on the electrical line
327. a great weekend with Hannah L.
328. all the new MATs up at camp and their enthusiasm and excitement
329. Mr. Rock's funny stories about working at camp
330. coming home tired
331. dozing in the car
332. my dad (and the van) being all right :)
333. the smell of the cabin
334. notes from Mamo
335. eating dinner in the boathouse
336. the sound of a redwing blackbird
337. the heat...
338. Sarah, Plain and Tall books
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed , a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.