Sunday, August 7, 2011

Of Verses and Pie - Mamo Camp Day 2 (pt. 2)

My sisters, cousins, and I spent the last week up north at our grandparents’ cabin on the lake. It is such a blessing to have grandparents that are willing to take all 5 of us, ages ranging from 5 to 17! This was the 11th annual running of what we call “Mamo Camp”.

And what a week we had!

Over the next couple of days or so I hope to let you in on what we did that week through some pictures, stories, and funny happenings over here. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a day on the trail, the evening was perfect for reading the Bible on the boathouse deck and enjoying the absolutely perfect weather- what a total blessing from the Lord that was!

Mamo shooed me out of the kitchen and so I moseyed my way on down to the lake… and I am so glad I did!

I had the most amazing quiet, Bible study time… God is so good! Here are a few pictures and some verses that I read while praying on the porch…

DSC03771

“The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice…” Ps. 97:1

DSC03776

“The Mighty One, God, The LORD, speaks and summons the earth from the rising sun to the place where it sets.” Ps. 50:1

DSC03778

“My soul thirsts for God, the living God. When can I go meet with God?”   Psalm 47:2

DSC03780

“How awesome is the Lord Most High, the great King over all the earth!”  Psalm 42:2

DSC03782

It was also the perfect time to munch a little on some of my favorite fruit…

DSC03784

and to make THE most FABULOUS strawberry pie ever… all the crust is is flour, water, powdered sugar… too tasty!

DSC03785

a perfect weather-pie-study time end to the day…

Kaye

No comments: