Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lickety Split- Mamo Camp Day 3 (pt. 4)

My sisters, cousins, and I spent the last week up north at our grandparents’ cabin on the lake. It is such a blessing to have grandparents that are willing to take all 5 of us, ages ranging from 5 to 17! This was the 11th annual running of what we call “Mamo Camp”.

And what a week we had!

Over the next couple of days or so I hope to let you in on what we did that week through some pictures, stories, and funny happenings over here. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my grandpa’s friends from his antique car club was at the DQ at the same time we were… and is this not the coolest fire truck EVER???

DSC03851

He had it painted and redone, and it looks absolutely beautiful… and like it would be a lot of fun to ride in!

DSC03852

And isn’t the name on the side just simply perfect?

DSC03853

DSC03854

I’m a history geek, so the idea that he had had the place and date of when this fire-engine was used on the side made me so thrilled…

DSC03855

and I had to see if I could find a similar picture online of back-in-the-day- and I did!

DSC03851

totally AWESOME.

TOTALLY.

Kaye

No comments: