Thursday, September 23, 2010

on a rainy day

rain...

It isn't always the most wonderful thing to look at, to wake up to.

Sometimes it just plain stinks.

puddles, drops, mud



And when the weather is grey and you have a hard day,

it really stinks.

I am forever grateful for the promises of His words that keep me up above the heavy rains on days like these.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
 and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart,
 and you will find rest for your souls.
 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

"Be still and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted among the earth..."
Psalm 46:10

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord,
"He is my refuge,
He is my fortress,
my God in whom I trust."
Psalm 91:1


Praise the Lord!
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good!
His love endures forever!
Psalm 106:1
Even on rainy days

(kaye ann silver)


The Word by Sara Groves
(if you can't see it in your email, go to my blog to watch it)


No comments: