Sunday, May 27, 2012

to be a writer

When I set out to write my thank you notes for the open house and beyond, I soon realized that I hardly ever write anymore.

You know- like with a notebook and pen kind of thing.

One of the beautiful gifts I was thrilled to receive for graduation was a lovely notebook. I love notebooks that are just…. notebooks. A pretty cover with simply lines on the inside. And gel pens. I love gel pens.

As I opened it up, all I could think was how so many people from my dear family had said to me over the years that I should never stop writing.

I used to harumph around that I really didn’t have a writing style that I enjoyed, but rather that I wrote like and about anything that struck my fancy. Which is why, if you read this blog, you will find everything from recipes to deep thoughts to poetry to essay-like writings.

So this summer I’ve resolved to do three things:

1. Pray more. :)

2. Read more. especially some nonfiction that is piling up around me.

3. Write more. be it in paper, or on the keyboard.

So there you go. I’ve started carrying around paper and pens again, and now have three essentials for whenever I travel (even to work ;) ): my Bible, notebook, and a good book.

I am excited to see where this will all lead, and I can’t wait to see how the Lord uses me this summer through writing, talking, being, and prayer.

 

so I hope to see you around here more often, friends, as writing begins again. :)

may you be blessed!

jk

No comments: