Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A funny story

Honestly, for the last few weeks I’ve been wondering what to write about. I didn’t really have much to say, so I stayed away from blogging and kind of enjoyed the quiet of just one photo, a few words, and counting blessings over  here. 

But now I have a story to tell.

A funny one.

:)

So I was at work the other day, and we were busy (which is a good thing!) and as I bounced all over the store, the phone rang. I noticed that they were busy everywhere else so I grabbed it.

Did the typical greeting, “how can I help you” and all that.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?” comes the nearly shouted question from the other side of the phone. I gather it’s a sweet older lady.

I repeat the greeting and a bit louder ask “How can I help you?”

“WHAT?”

Nearly shouting now, I ask again if there is anything I can help her with.

“OH! I NEED BATTERIES!”

“Do you know what kind you need, ma’am?”

Again, “WHAT?”

“Do you know what kind you need?” 

“WHAT???”

Okay, now I really am yelling into the phone, and everyone at the counter is just laughing at me, because they know this is how it goes sometimes. Finally, she says, “Oh! I need two 13’s!”

I am searching my mental filing system. I can’t think of any batteries that are 213s.

I just say that yes, we will look and see if we have them and put them on hold for her about 4 times.

She says thank you and hangs up, and I’m off to look for 213’s.

After looking around and not finding them, I get an idea.

She need two 13s. Not 213s.

I head to the back counter and what do you know?

There they are.

13’s are a hearing aid battery.

No comments: